» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA staff: Deadline to apply for Staff Council scholarship is Feb. 15
(Feb. 1, 2010)--Benefits-eligible UTSA employees in the "classified" or "administrative and professional" categories and enrolled in at least three credit hours can apply for the Staff Council Annual Scholarship. The application deadline is Friday, Feb. 13. There will be one $250 award for an undergraduate student and one $250 for a graduate student.
>> Visit the UTSA Scholarships Web site to download the UTSA General Scholarship Application (PDF format) and for information on other UTSA scholarships.
The UTSA Staff Council raises money through water sales at the spring commencement ceremonies to generate scholarship funds for UTSA staff members furthering their education.
Criteria for applicants are:
- Must be degree-seeking and benefits-eligible in accordance with university policy and either a "classified" or "administrative and professional" UTSA employee
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must enroll for at least 3 credit hours
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must supply a one-page, typed biographical essay describing obstacles or challenges faced in obtaining a higher education
- Must include personal and professional goals and the role of the scholarship in obtaining these goals
- Must list contributions made to UTSA and other information that will help the committee make an informed decision
To apply, use the UTSA General Scholarship Application. When completing the application, use "COUN" as the four-letter code identifying the Staff Council Annual Scholarship.