» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA hosts 21st annual Health Professions Day on Monday, Feb. 28
(Feb. 24, 2011)--The UTSA Health Professions Office will host the 21st annual Health Professions Day career fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday, Feb. 28 in the University Center Ballroom (1.104) on the Main Campus. The event is free and open to the public.
Developed by the University Health Professions Office and University Career Center, Health Professions Day allows individuals to explore various health professions programs such as medical, dental, pharmacy, physical therapy, nursing and other programs through panel discussions and conversations with more than 60 program representatives from U.S. and international health professions schools.
This year’s event includes six 50-minute seminars on health professions programs:
- 10 a.m. -- Health Professions 101 for High School Students (UC 2.212 and UC 2.202)
- 11 a.m. -- Exploring Nursing Pathways (UC 2.212)
- 11 a.m. -- Preparing for a Career in Pharmacy (UC 2.202)
- Noon -- Becoming a Competitive Medical School Applicant (UC 2.212)
- Noon -- Becoming a Competitive Dental School Applicant (UC 2.202)
- 1 p.m. -- Life as a Health Care Professional (UC 2.212)
Parking without a permit will be available for non-UTSA students in lot 11 off UTSA Boulevard with a shuttle available. Or, for a small fee, parking will be available in short-term paid spaces in lots 5 and 8, and the north and south garages.