» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA students: Enter Texas Sustainable Energy Research Institute logo contest
(Feb. 24, 2011)--The UTSA Texas Sustainable Energy Research Institute is conducting a logo design competition. UTSA students are invited to submit designs with the chance to win a cash prize -- $1,000 will be awarded at completion of the project with $500 for second place and $250 for third place.
>> The deadline for the first presentation is March 11. Semi-finalists will be notified March 25. The deadline for semi-finalist presentations is April 8 and competition winners will be announced April 22.
The logo should be designed and presented with two distinct components:
- Wordmark: A graphic image that uses only the text "Texas Sustainable Energy Research Institute." The name cannot be abbreviated.
- Brand: A symbol that conveys the mission and vision of the UTSA Texas Sustainable Research Institute.
The logo must be have a black-and-white and RGB version with the color version containing no more than three colors. The size for submission is 640 by 480 pixels with a resolution of 72 dpi and file format jpeg. Winning entries must be in high-resolution with vector images preferred.
The logo design can:
- Illustrate sustainability as having a connection to the energy/water nexus.
- Reference responsibility to the life cycle of consumer products, energy, water and the environment.
- Convey a sense of environmental research and innovation.
The winner will be contracted to create symbols for the institute's areas of focus:
- Carbon capture, management and reutilization
- Electrification of the transportation sector
- Energy efficiency and conservation
- Energy/water nexus
- Renewable energy technology and storage
- Smart secure distributed grid