» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Get ready, Roadrunners: UTSA celebrates Homecoming Oct. 20-26
(Oct. 18, 2013) -- The University of Texas at San Antonio will celebrate its annual Homecoming with a slate of free, public events from Sunday, Oct. 20 to Saturday, Oct. 26.
Since 1985, UTSA Homecoming has given past and present Roadrunners the opportunity to celebrate UTSA's growth as a university, connect with fellow UTSA supporters and take part in time-honored traditions. This December, UTSA expects to see its 100,000th graduate cross the commencement stage.
Major events for the week include:
- 1-3 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 20: Roadrunners Give Back -- UTSA's official homecoming service project will be at the San Antonio Food Bank (5200 W. Old Hwy 90, San Antonio, Texas 78227). This year, the Roadrunner community will be working with the food bank to provide food and groceries to more than 500 partnering agencies in the 16 counties throughout southwest Texas.
- 8 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 22: Roadrunners Live -- UTSA's spirited talent show competition will be in the Convocation Center on the UTSA Main Campus. Students will compete in one of five categories in front of judges and audience members: step/stroll, theatrical, musical, dance and vocals.
- Noon, Wednesday, Oct. 23: UTSA Downtown Campus Pep Rally -- The UTSA community will cheer on the Roadrunners football team as they prepare to face off against the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) on Saturday, Oct. 26.
- 8 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 23: Comedian Ali Siddiq will be at the UTSA Main Campus H-E-B University Center Ballroom for a free performance. Siddiq has appeared on BET's "Comic View," was a finalist on NBC Universal's "Stand Up for Diversity" and appeared on the season finale of HBO's "Def Comedy Jam."
- 10 a.m., Friday, Oct. 25: Homecoming Car Bash will be on the UTSA Main Campus University Center Paseo. The UTSA community is invited to show off their school pride and strength as they take a baseball bat or sledgehammer to a donated car.
- 3 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25: Rowdy Rally -- UTSA's pre-home game pep rally will be on the UTSA Main Campus University Center Paseo. The UTSA community will give the Roadrunners football team a spirited send-off as the team marches through the UC Paseo on their way to the Alamodome for the game against UAB.
- 3:30-9:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25: BestFest -- Celebrating its 35th year, will be on the UTSA Main Campus at Convocation Center parking lot BK1. This year, BestFest incorporates a Halloween theme with costume and booth-decorating contests. The community is invited to take part in food, games, live music by country music recording artist and American Idol's Josh Gracin, and more.
- 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25: Rowdy Rampage Fireworks Spectacular and Golf Cart Parade: The public is invited to attend UTSA's ninth annual Rowdy Rampage at Convocation Center parking lot BK1. The event combines a pep rally, live music, a golf cart parade and a fireworks show for the community to enjoy.
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Homecoming Game Day -- A full day of Game Day festivities will mark the Roadrunners' big game against UAB. The UTSA community is invited to the Alamodome and the historic Sunset Station, renamed Roadrunner Station during UTSA home football games, for family-friendly events including tailgating, the Spirit Walk (1:30 p.m.) and the Homecoming game at 4 p.m.
- 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26: Roadrunners Late Night Haunted Homecoming Fest -- At the H-E-B University Center Ballroom and Bexar Room (1.102) on the UTSA Main Campus, don't miss out on a spooky, Halloween-themed dance party with free food, games, a costume contest and door prizes.
UTSA students, alumni, faculty, staff and supporters are invited to stop by the Roadrunner Express to buy a commemorative UTSA Homecoming 2013 t-shirt to show their Roadrunner spirit. Roadrunner Express is next to the Rio Salon on the University Center Paseo on the UTSA Main Campus.