Description of ACE:
The Access College and Excel (ACE) program is a special scholarship and retention program aimed at helping incoming freshman, who have graduated from specific high schools (see Who Is Eligible for a list of schools) effectively transfer from high school to a four-year university with the goal of obtaining a bachelor’s degree. Scholarships, individualized academic assistance, enrollment in a college success seminar course (COR 1203), participation in a Learning Community, mentoring, and advising services are given to ACE students for their first two academic years in college.
Who Is Eligible?
- Must be a first-time incoming freshman who has been accepted to UTSA in good standing and entering the Fall semester.
- Must have graduated from one of the following high schools: Edison, Fox Tech, Brackenridge, Highlands, Jefferson, Lanier, Kennedy, McCollum, Harlandale, Memorial, and Sam Houston
- Must have a 2.5 GPA, have an 80% attendance rate their senior year in high school, and have been involved in some sort of extracurricular program (either school-based or community-based).
Application and When To Apply :
- Download the 2013 ACE application.
- You may also pick up an application from a high school counselor, Project Stay, San Antonio Education Partnership, or from a Communities in Schools staff member at the schools listed under Who Is Eligible.
- The deadline for the ACE scholarship is May 10, 2013.
Please mail the application to:
Tomas Rivera Center for Student Success
Access College and Excel Scholar Program
501 César E. Chávez Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78207