Early Admissions of High School Students
Well-prepared high school juniors and seniors who want to start earning college credit while still in high school can apply for early admissions. Early Admissions High School students must adhere to the same admissions deadline requirements as all other applicants.
Early Admissions Requirements:
- is not intended for students who want to earn simultaneous credit toward high school graduation and a university degree
- is not for students who enroll as part of a group of students under the terms of an agreement between UTSA and the student's school district
- Is available to qualifying high school juniors and seniors
- SAT Critical Reading and Math score of at least a 1070 (At least 500 on CR and 500 on Math) OR ACT composite score of 23 (No less than 19 on English and 19 on Math)
- Early Admission student advising and course registration are coordinated by the Office of P-20 Initiatives and take place following notification of admission.
- Advising and course registration for Special Admission Program students is coordinated by the office managing the Special Admission Program.
- Early Admission students who choose to continue enrollment at UTSA following high school graduation must apply for admission according to regular admission policy and procedures.
- Apply online at applytexas.org
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $60
- Official High School transcript with academic work completed up to point of application
- Send your ACT/SAT scores with writing section sent directly from the testing agency
SAT - Code: 6919
ACT - Code: 4239
- Letter of Recommendation from a high school counselor
- UTSA Undergraduate Admissions Office does not accept faxed documents.
- Applicants using a Visa card should submit payment with their ApplyTexas application.
- UTSA accepts application fee waivers for first-time Freshman only. A student applying as a first-time FR must use the Fee Waivers privided by either the ACT or SAT, verifying that a fee waiver was used to register for the respective test. These waivers are available only from the high school guidance office.