Applying to the Program
Looking for information on applying to UTSA's Environmental Science Master's degree (M.S.) program? Click here.
The UTSA Tuggle Scholars Program provides a breadth of opportunities and resources, including:
- The development of practical application for your coursework and research with via conferences, colloquia, professional workshops, and community-based activities
- Becoming a member of a community of researchers, leaders, and communicators intent on creating change locally and globally
- Establishing a network with present and past Tuggle Scholars through shared experiences and peer-mentoring
- Open dialogue with mentors available to offer support, training, and assistance
- The opportunity to apply for funds to travel to local, regional and national professional meetings and conferences
Visit our Resources page for more information.
The UTSA Tuggle Scholars Program is open to students in UTSA's Environmental Science M.S. program who meet the following requirements:
- Be a current Environmental Science graduate student with 10 or fewer graduate level credit hours completed at time of nomination
- Register for minimum of 6 hours/semester during both the Fall and Spring semesters while a Scholar
- Commit to following the thesis option for the Environmental Science M.S. program
- Commit to attending workshops, mentoring sessions, social events, science communication activities, and other functions as requested
- Participate in end-of-year program assessments and focus groups geared toward improving the program