If you are interested in applying for money to attend a professional meeting and conference, contact your advising professor. Money is available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Contact your advising professor.
- Submit abstract with list of individuals attending to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If funded, book travel/accommodations through Cheryl Negrete. Do NOT purchase airfare on your own; travel must be booked through UTSA if you wish to be reimbursed.
- Review the Application Guidelines for a complete list of the documents and information you will need to provide, as well as a timeline for submitting everything.
- Complete the Tuggle Scholars Travel Award Application and submit to email@example.com.
UTSA Department of Integrative Biology
The department's Useful Links webpage contains a comprehensive list of resources available to current UTSA students.
Many of the organizations listed below produce publications, hold annual meetings, and provide resources (scholarships, internships, etc.). This is not an exhaustive list. If there are organizations that you would like to see added, please contact us.
Local and Regional Organizations
- Alamo Area Chapter of Texas Master Naturalist
- Cibolo Nature Center
- San Antonio Botanical Garden
- UT Marine Science Institute
- Witte Museum
State and Regional Organizations
- Southwestern Association of Naturalists (SWAN)
- Texas Academy of Science (TAS)
- Texas Master Naturalist
State and National Governmental Agencies
National and International Organizations
- American Ornithological Society (AOS)
- Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS)
- Association of Field Ornithologists (AFO)
- British Ecological Society
- Ecological Society of America (ESA)
- Entomological Society of America
- Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES)
- National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP)
- National Audubon Society
- The Nature Conservancy
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native American Students (SACNAS)
- Society for Conservation Biology (SCB)
- Society for Ecological Restoration (SER)
- Society for Freshwater Science (SFS)
- Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS)
- The Wildlife Society