- Our Approach
- Cultural Intelligence
- Inclusivity Spotlights
- Diversity in COVID-19
- Impacting Racial Injustices
The Office of Inclusive Excellence is excited to announce the launch of a new partnership with Dr. Damon A. Williams and the Center for Strategic Diversity Leadership and Social Innovation (CSDLSI). The purpose of this partnership is to conduct a comprehensive inventory of all diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs, initiatives, resources and tools across the entire UTSA campus. The information gleaned through this project will, ultimately, inform recommendations and strategies developed by the Office of Inclusive Excellence with the goal of enhancing UTSA’s DEI infrastructure and overall service-delivery model.
For the scope of this project, the research team broadly defines DEI campus efforts as “any activity or program that promotes the active appreciation of all campus members in terms of their backgrounds, identities and unique experiences—as constituted by gender, socioeconomic class, political perspective, age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability or language, among others—as well as any activity, initiative or program that brings together any of these aspects cross-sectionally.”
Every division at UTSA was asked to identify a lead to partner on this project. The leads were selected to bring a certain level of expertise and institutional knowledge along with a unique perspective to this project.
- All DEI Inventory & Assessment project leads participated in a webinar launch session on November 21, 2019. During this time, Dr. Williams and his team provided a comprehensive overview of the project, its goals, and the desired outcomes associated with doing this sort of inventory-driven work.
- The online inventory tool launched on November 21, 2019. Each project lead was responsible for responding to pointed questions, compiling relevant information and documentation, such as—but not limited to—annual reports, program and initiative fact sheets, annual budgetary information, past or current strategic diversity plans, organizational chart information depicting relevant staffing/FTE information, annual student/staff/faculty participation rates, etc.
- All project leads completed the online assessment on behalf of their college, division or unit by December 20, 2019.
- This project was put on hold in Spring 2020 due to the pandemic. Assessment work and the final report will be completed in Fall 2020.