- Our Approach
- Cultural Intelligence
- Inclusivity Spotlights
- Diversity in COVID-19
Diversity Research, Evaluation and Impact
It is important for the success of diversity initiatives that campuses assess the effectiveness of their efforts. It is also essential to convey the results of research to the general public to increase awareness of and support for diversity in higher education. This section includes research and assessment information about diversity programs and practices in higher education.
- Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
- Curriculum Development
- Diversity and Democracy (Publication)
- Global Learning
- Diversity Learning and Student Success
- University of Maryland Diversity Database
- ERIC (Education Resource Information Center) – search the database using keyword “Diversity”
- The Impact of Academic Mentoring on the Work Environment (Rebecca Doerge, Purdue University)
- “Creating Mentoring Relationships and Fostering Collegiality” in The Department Chair’s Role in Developing New Faculty into Teachers and Scholars, Bensimon, Ward and Sander, chapter 10; includes a sample annual plan for new faculty members and a suggested timeline of meetings between mentor and protegé.
- “Mentoring Early-Stage Faculty at Medical, Law, and Business Schools and Colleges and Universities,” Moody, J. 2010.
- Faculty Mentoring Handbook: Best Practices Compiled by the NSF ADVANCE Program (NSF ADVANCE Program, University of Rhode Island)
- Annotated List of Resources for Faculty Mentoring (NC State Office of Faculty Development)
- How to Avoid Chill in the Classroom: Maintaining a Welcoming and Inclusive Learning Environment