The Medial Library (formerly Helix Media Library) is a service provided by Learning Technologies for the management and delivery of UTSA media content. Key features include:
- Automatic Encoding: Upload any media file for automatic conversion to H.264 and other formats.
- Universal Streaming: Deliver to iPhone, Android, tablet, PC, Mac, Smart TV and more with multi-format, multi-protocol, standards-based streaming.
- Closed-Captioning: Use closed-captions to help you comply with Section 508 and delivery content to more people.
- Improved Search: Easily find what you’re looking for with an improved search capability.
- Embeddable Chapter Points: Share relevant portions of a longer video by embedding just a unique chapter for playback.
- LMS Integration: Easily integrate with Blackboard Learn by linking or embedding media.
- How to use Blackboard Learn with MEDIAL
- How to upload a video to MEDIAL
- How to embed a video or audio file into your Learn Course from MEDIAL
The following video playlist demonstrates the use of the Blackboard Building Block from both an Instructor and a Student perspective.
Need assistance with the Medial Library? All requests are made through OITConnect.