EC500 (Extension to Cellular) Feature
What is the EC500 Feature?
The EC500 feature allows you to answer a call sent to your desk phone from your cell phone. If you are away from your desk phone, the call will switch over to your cell phone after two rings.
Enabling and Disabling EC500
To enable the EC500 feature:
- From your desk phone, press the EC500 The EC500 button light will be lit when EC500 is enabled.
- From your cell phone, dial the Feature Name Extension (FNE) at 458-5089
**NOTE: You must deactivate your Send All Calls feature before enabling the EC500 feature.
Transferring a call to your cell phone from your desk phone:
- From your desk phone, press the Extend-Call (extnd-call) button on your desk phone.
- Your cell phone will ring the call. Once you answer the call, you can hang up your desk phone.
Transferring a call to your desk phone from your cell phone:
- If the call on your cell phone originated from your desk phone, you can pick it up on your desk phone by pressing the active line on your desk phone.
- Once you are talking through the desk phone handset, you can hang up your cell phone without losing the call.
To disable the EC500 feature:
- From your desk phone, press the EC500 The EC500 button light will be off when EC500 is disabled.
- From your cell phone, dial the Feature Name Extension (FNE) at 458-5090
Other FNE (Feature Name Extensions)
Send All Calls
From your cell phone, dial
- 458-5094 to activate your Send All Calls button
- 458-5095 to deactivate your Send All Calls button
**NOTE: All campus phones will see your desk phone extension in their display because your cell phone is now registered on the same switch. Any calls made to an off-campus line will display your cell phone number on their caller ID. In order to call an outside number and have your desk phone extension appear, you must use the Idle Appearance Select number (see below for instructions).
Idle Appearance Select Instructions
- From your cell phone, dial 458-5091 to get a dial tone on your desk phone.
- Dial 9 plus the phone number you are calling. Your desk phone number will appear on the receiver’s caller ID.
How to Request
A ticket with OITConnect is required to get EC500 on your desk phone. You will need to provide your desk phone extension and the cellular number where the call needs to ring.