Free Bikeshare Program Now Available on Campus
In an effort to provide solutions that will result in ozone reduction and a healthier campus, UTSA Sustainability is launching BeakCycle, a free bikeshare program that provides the Roadrunner community additional commuting options on Main Campus.
Kiosks are located around campus where you can access the free bikes for 30-minute rides. This is a great option for those who want a fast trip to the center of campus. You can check out free BeakCycle bikes using the “ ON Bike Share” app from Google Play or the App Store. Use your active credit card and UTSA email to initially register in the app. Rides are free for ‘Runners. Your bike must be secured in any of the BeakCycle kiosks to end your ride.
There are 11 kiosks across the Main Campus:
- Campus Oval (in front of the North Paseo Building)
- John Peace Library, between the Business Building and McKinney Humanities Building
- Paseo Principal at the Recreation Center
- Paseo Principal at the Bioswale Area
- Paseo del Sur, between the Science & Engineering Building and the Biotechnology, Sciences & Engineering Building
- Softball field (between right field and tennis courts)
- Student Union (north side near Dancers statute)
- Bauerle Road Lot 1 (along Brackenridge Ave)
- University Oaks (at multi-modal stop on Barshop)
- H-E-B Student Union (near parking lot)
- Biosciences Building/Applied Engineering and Technology Building (near Ximenes Avenue Lot)
Not only can bicycle riding can improve your health, leaving your vehicle at home helps contribute to lower emissions and a happy, healthy environment. Learn more about other initiatives that Sustainability has developed to promote a bike-friendly campus.