Space Allocation Requests
Space Management oversees more than six million square feet of space. Space allocation is the practice of assigning space to university departments on the basis of either functional need or priority. Our goal is to optimize the use of allocated space for the numerous requests for spaces to meet instructional, research and administrative needs.
We’re here to guide you through making requests to change the use of a room*, acquiring additional spaces, remodeling space, getting an update on an existing request, gaining home access to our Space Data and requesting ad-hoc space data reports. To ensure an effective distribution of space, requests must be submitted via the Space Allocation Request form, and must have approval of university administrators.
*Because this information is used to generate standardized reports to the state, it is important to not make changes to your space without going through the proper channels.
How to Submit Your Space Request
- Select the link at the top right.
- Complete the Space Request form. All fields in RED are required. Provide as much detail as possible in the Request field. You must confirm that your VP or designated representative is aware and agrees with moving forward with this request.
- Click Submit once you complete the entire form.
- You will receive a confirmation email that provides you a Space Request number.
- We will contact you to schedule a visit to discuss your request.
- We will send you an email with the decision made on your request. If approved, the email will contain a Space Request Approval Number.
- If the approved Space Request authorizes the alteration or renovation of space, you will need to submit a Minor Project Request or Major Project Request, whichever is appropriate. You will need to provide your Space Request Approved Number when submitting your project request.
For additional information or assistance, contact the Space Management team.