- Last day to register to vote - April 6
- First day of early voting - April 24
- Apply for mail-in ballot - April 25
- Last day of early voting in person - May 2
- Last day for Elections Department to receive mail ballot - May 6 by 7 p.m. (if not postmarked) or May 8 by 5 p.m. (if postmarked by 7 p.m. May 6)
- Election Day! - May 6
Early voting at the Main Campus
Early voting at UTSA will take place at the H-E-B Student Union Bexar Room (HSU 1.102), Main Campus. Get directions.
Don't forget your ID and your personalized paper ballot!
Early Voting Hours TBD
If you are physically unable to enter the polling place without the need of personal assistance or the likelihood of injuring your health, curbside voting is available. Please call ahead to the Elections office at 210-335-VOTE (8683) so that the early voting clerk at your vote center can be notified that you want to vote from your car. All polling locations in Bexar County have the Express Touch voting unit for curbside voting use.
Voting near the Downtown CampusThe Downtown Campus community may vote early at the Bexar County Elections Office located at 1103 S. Frio St., a short 12-minute walk from campus or 0.6 mile drive. Please visit Bexar County Elections for a list and map of early voting polling stations near you. You may cast your vote at any polling station near you.
Election Day - Saturday, May 6, 2023
Election day voting will take place at the H-E-B Student Union Bexar Room (HSU 1.102), Main Campus. Polling hours are between 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. but will remain open for anyone in line at 7 p.m. Get Directions.
Don't forget your ID!
Free Parking Information
Free parking for voters is available at the Ximenes Surface Lot on the Main Campus. Get Directions.
The voter registration deadline is coming up
The deadline to register to vote in the 2023 Municipal Election is Thursday, April 6, 2023.
You are eligible to vote in Texas if:
- You are a U.S. citizen,
- You are a resident of Texas,
- AND you will be 18 years old or older by election day.
Not sure if you are already registered?
Visit vote.org to check your voter registration status.
If you're not registered, visit register2vote.org to complete, print, sign and mail your voter registration application to the Bexar County Elections Department, 1103 S. Frio, Ste. 100, San Antonio, TX 78207
Register to Vote on CampusDuring March and April, members of the #RowdyVOTES Community of Practice will be on campus registering students to vote.
For students living in UTSA housing
Learn how you can get a campus mailing address for voting documents.
Vote By Mail
If you are eligible, you can vote by mail in Texas.
- Sign up to vote by mail - you will be sent a mail-in voter application
- Complete your application and postmark it by Tuesday, April 25 at 5 p.m.
- You will be sent your mail-in ballot, which needs to be completed and postmarked by Election Day at 7 p.m.
- The process for voting by mail has been updated. Visit the Bexar County Elections Department website to learn more.
- Bexar County Elections Department
- Request a Voter Registration Application
- Generic Sample Bexar County Ballot
- Bexar County Early Voting Sites
list of sites // map of sites
- ID required for Texas Voting
- Get #VoteReady
Contact UTSA’s Office of Civic and Community-Engaged Leadership at email@example.com or 210-458-2277 for assistance with your voter registration questions.