Dean's Student Board
The Student Board, consisting of representatives from each Department, is a student organization that advocates for College of Sciences’ students and addresses issues of importance that are then shared with the Dean. The mission of the Student Board is to serve as a liaison to COS faculty, staff, and Dean by:
- Representing student desires to better their collegiate experience.
- Informing students of opportunities that exist in the College of Sciences, its centers, and programs, that are available to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Engaging in discussions on College policy and activities.
- Promoting a healthy scientific and collegiate community.
- Providing a forum for students to present innovative ideas, suggestions, and constructive criticism for the benefit of the college.
- Involving students in research and higher learning to promote scientific education.
- Endorsing fellowship between students and College of Sciences faculty.
- Promoting leadership, professionalism, and public service to the College of Sciences and the university.
All students are invited to attend the DSB meetings.
Meetings occur every other week from 5:30-6:30 pm. See calendar for dates.
Applications are now open for the following majors:
Geological Sciences and Mathematics
Dr. Craig Jordan, Associate Dean
Lauren Hoffmann, Program Manager
Dean's Student Board email: COS.DSB@gmail.com