Giving to the College of Sciences
The UTSA College of Sciences is an institutional leader in both teaching and research. Investment in our college and our vital work will make a real and tangible difference in our research efforts and in the lives of our students.
We are committed to innovation and excellence in the classroom and the laboratory, and dedicated to prepare the next generation of scientific leaders. A gift to the College of Sciences ensures we can continue to recruit and retain the top faculty in the country, and outstanding students who want to study under the best and brightest scientific researchers.
Click here to make a gift to the College of Sciences.
Click here to meet Eleazar Galindo, a friend and supporter of the College.
Dean's Fund for Excellence
Changing the Future of Science
We invite you to open new doors to students and set them on the path to discovery and achievement. Your support will make a difference in the lives of young men and women who today may only dream of careers in science.
Gifts to the Dean’s Fund for Excellence:
- Expand the frontiers of science through undergraduate scholarships. Give all students, especially those who are underrepresented, an opportunity for a future in the sciences.
- Prepare an educated, scientifically literate workforce ready to lead in industry and education.
- Encourage collaborations between UTSA scientists and K-12 schools, community colleges and the local industry to train teachers and create an environment of research, teaching and service.
- Help young students discover the excitement of scientific research and exploration through Texas Science Fair scholarships and Science Summer Camps.
- Support the greatest needs of the College.
$5,000 and above
$1,000 to $4,999
up to $1,000
Endowed scholarships ensure that the scholarship exists in perpetuity and grows in value and impact.
- The initial gift forms the corpus and is managed by the University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO).
- Generated annual income funds the scholarship and increases the corpus.
- Approximately 5% generated annually.
- Income in excess returned to the corpus, providing for growth.
- The minimum amount to establish an endowed scholarship at UTSA is $25,000.
- Additional gifts may be added to the endowment at any time.
- Endowment may be established by making the gift at once or pledging it over time (up to five years)
- Endowed scholarships may be made in honor or memory of family or others.
Annual scholarships may be made in honor or memory of family or others.
- Typically a short-term commitment by the donor - usually for one or two academic years.
- Donors may renew their support annually.
- The minimum amount to establish a named annual scholarship is $1,500.
Additional Named Endowment Opportunities
- Distinguished Chair - $1.5 million
- Chair - $1 million
- Distinguished Professorship - $250,000
- Professorship - $250,000
- Graduate Fellowship - $100,000
- Undergraduate Scholarship - $25,000
- Excellence Fund (Program Support) - $10,000
Many companies will match their employee's gift donation. Click here for more information on corporate matching gifts.
Faculty/Staff Giving through Payroll Deduction
One of the simplest ways UTSA faculty and staff can make a gift to the University - either unrestricted or restricted - is through payroll deduction. Just print a copy of the Faculty/Staff Payroll Deduction Form , specify how you want your gift designated, and return your signed form to the Associate Dean for Development.
All scholarships are guided by an agreement between the donor and UTSA. This agreement ensures that the scholarship is awarded according to the donor's wishes. For more information, please contact the UTSA College of Sciences Office of the Dean at (210) 458-4450 or the Associate Dean for Development at (210) 458-7672.