The goal of this initiative is to identify and launch activities that will increase national and international recognition of UTSA as an institution of research excellence and to reach status as a Research Intensive University, as identified by the National Research University Fund and Carnegie Classifications. Strategies aim to increase the institutions annual research expenditures, increase the pipeline and success of doctoral students, support UTSA’s faculty to achieve national research recognitions and the recruitment of National Academy members to UTSA.
In The News
November 9, 2021
To boost or not to boost—an immunological question
October 29, 2021
CISA leadership visits UTSA National Security Collaboration Center
October 19, 2021
Hypersonics research at UTSA ushers in student growth and innovation
October 18, 2021
MATRIX AI Consortium at UTSA to co-host AI and Quantum Symposium
September 21, 2021
UTSA Knowledge Enterprise launches research interest groups
September 14, 2021
Doctoral students in neuroscience earn prestigious fellowships
September 9, 2021
CEID ups UTSA’s game in quest for national recognition
September 9, 2021
Counseling professor helps others emerge from pandemic stress
September 8, 2021
UTSA professor helps make breakthrough achievement in quantum computing
August 5, 2021
For 20 years, UTSA center has helped thwart cyberattacks
February 3, 2021
New research and technology solutions spur vast innovation at UTSA
December 2, 2021
UTSA surpasses $100 million in total research expenditures
December 1, 2021
UTSA launches comprehensive tool to manage research portfolios
- Launch a real-time dashboard for research applications, awards and research expenditure tracking.
- Dedicate a team to identify and capture total research expenditures.
- Begin prospect searches for National Academy hires.
- Build capture teams for large, institutionally significant research awards.
- Launch a Scholarly Awards program to increase the quantity and quality of national level research awards at UTSA.
- Align Sponsored Projects Administration and associated Research Service Centers for optimal research administrative support.
- Align internal resources to support graduate student recruitment and graduation.
- Align Research Cores and other research infrastructure to appropriate management structures to optimize operations and financial stability.
- Secure National Academy hires in strategic areas at UTSA, leveraging UT System STARs, the Texas Governors University Research Initiative and other faculty hiring opportunities.
- Launch the National Security Collaboration Center and secure funding mechanisms to support Government-Industry-University partnerships.
- Initiative a comprehensive external review to demonstrate that UTSA faculty are comparable to and competitive with faculty in similar programs at public institutions in the Association of American Universities.
- Initiative a comprehensive review of five UTSA doctoral programs to demonstrate that the faculty are comparable to and competitive with faculty in similar programs at public institutions in the Association of American Universities.
- Request and respond to the official NRUF audit by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).