UTSA to host Texas FreshAIR big data & data analytics conference
(March 28, 2016) -- On March 30-31, UTSA will host the Texas FreshAIR big data and data analytics conference, an academic industry roundtable organized by the UT System and co-sponsored by the UT Health Science Center. The conference will be held in the H-E-B University Center on the UTSA Main Campus.
>> View the conference agenda.
The Texas FreshAIR series brings together thought leaders from across the UT System to forge new academia-industry partnerships. UTSA is home of the nation’s top cybersecurity program, according to a study conducted by the Ponemon Institute for Hewlett-Packard. The upcoming conference focuses on data sciences and analytics and will include sessions exploring:
- Business Analytics
- Cloud and Cybersecurity
- Machine Learning and Data Visualization
- Health Care and Military
- Omics and Personalized Medicine
UTSA’s top-tier researchers are among the presenters at the two-day conference. UTSA speakers include:
- Ravi Sandhu, UTSA College of Sciences, “Secure Cloud Computing”
- Nicole Beebe, UTSA College of Business, “Digital Forensics in and out of the Cloud: Challenges and Opportunities”
- Max Kilger, UTSA College of Business, “Be Careful What You Wish For: The Importance of Heuristics and Measurement in Big Data”
- John Quarles, UTSA College of Sciences, “Location Aware Electronic Medical Record System”
- Greg White, UTSA College of Sciences, “Knowledge Discovery in Large Amounts of Cyber Security Information Sharing”
- Suman Basuroy, UTSA College of Business, “Measuring the Positive Halo and Negative Cannibalization Effects of New Products Introductions in High-Tech Markets”
- Yusheng Feng, UTSA College of Engineering, “Medical Data Analytics and Visualization at UT San Antonio and UTHSC San Antonio”
- Mikhail Gubanov, UTSA College of Sciences, “A Large-scale Linear-Relational Data Management System for Machine Learning Workloads”
- Yufei Huang, UTSA College of Engineering, “Predicting Human Cognitive Behaviors by Deep Learning”
Additionally, UTSA President Ricardo Romo will deliver opening remarks on March 30. UTSA Vice President for Research Mauli Agrawal will provide closing remarks on March 31.
To learn more about Texas FreshAIR, visit www.texasfreshair.org.
The UTSA University Career Center invites you to attend the STEM Career Expo from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feburary 8. Meet, connect and recruit UTSA students and alumni.H-E-B Student Union Ballroom, HSU 1.104-1.106
The UTSA University Career Center invites you to attend the All Majors Career Expo from 2 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feburary 8. Meet, connect and recruit UTSA students.H-E-B Student Union Ballroom, HSU 1.104-1.106
This competition is for students who are working on a project and prototype and want to assess the market opportunity and commercial potential of their technology in a risk-free environment.Science and Engineering Building, SEB 1.150G
Citation managers such as Zotero® can help you store and organize the citations you find during your research. Zotero can also generate bibliographies in various styles, insert in-text citations and allow you to share sources with collaborators.Virtual event
Chiquita Collins, vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion and chief diversity officer at UT Health San Antonio, will virtually engage in conversation regarding the 2023 Black History Month theme, “Resistance. Persistence. Excellence.”Virtual event
The Carlos Alvarez College of Business and the Alvarez Student Success Center will host their Second Annual Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Symposium. The theme for this year is inclusive leadership. The featured keynote speaker will be Melissa Majors, author of “The 7 Simple Habits of Inclusive Leaders.”H-E-B Student Union Ballroom, HSU 1.106
Join your fellow Roadrunners for the annual Heart Health Walk. If you can’t meet up on campus, get outside and walk for at least 10 minutes at 9 a.m. Walkers are encouraged to wear red and post their pictures to Instagram using the hashtag #28DaysOfHeartAtUTSA.Rowdy Statue, Sombrilla Plaza