Business Information Services
PeopleSoft 9.2 User Interface Updates Available December 9
Click here for additional details, resources, and job aids.
New Chart of Accounts Maintenance Request Form
The offices of Budget and Financial Planning, Accounting Services, and Business Information Services collaborated to redesign the Chart of Accounts (COA) Maintenance Request Form to provide a form that captures required information necessary for decision processes and data entry into PeopleSoft.
The new form replaces the existing PDF form and is available for immediate use. The location of the form will remain under the Financial Affairs Forms and Worksheets web page.
The form link will now direct you to log in to Office 365 SharePoint to access the form. Everyone with a UTSA network account has access to the form. The COA Maintenance Form Instructions were created and are available and contain detailed information for each required field.
The COA Maintenance Request Form was developed as a SharePoint document, which enabled us to enhanced features, such as the following:
- Automated workflow that moves the document forward for approvals.
- Automatic email notification that is sent to the document “Submitter” and the Department Manager upon completion of the form.
- Form expansion to reveal additional information required if specific questions are answered “Yes.”
- New Section III that allows you to add attachment(s) directly to the form and travel with form.
- Multiple business processes can now be included on a single COA Form. This allows you to:
- Submit multiple requests for changes to Department IDs and Department Manager updates.
- Submit multiple requests for SpeedType(s)/Cost Center(s) and add Budget Authority Approvers for the requested new cost center(s).
- New Section V that allows you to add additional email addresses upon completion of the form. Those individuals will receive a notification of the completed action.
- SharePoint form stores saved documents for historical purposes.
Automated workflow is included in the form with approval levels in the following areas:
- 1st Level: Budget Office – form review and actions needed by their office.
- 2nd Level: Accounting Office – form review and actions needed by their office.
- 3rd Level: Business Information Services – form review and actions needed by their office.
- 4th Level: Upon the last approval by BIS, the “Submitter,” Department Manager and any additional individuals identified within the form will receive email notification of the form completion.
Should you have questions on the preparation of the COA Maintenance Request Form, please contact the following offices:
- SpeedType(s)/Cost Center(s) add/update – determination of “Fund” (except Restricted)
- Other related budget questions
- Questions regarding department add/update
- SpeedType(s)/Cost Center(s) add/update — determination of “Function”
- SpeedType(s)/Cost Center(s) add/update – determination of “Fund” (Restricted)
- Other related accounting questions
- Form completion questions
- Form completion questions
- SharePoint workflow questions and where to locate requested documents
SPOC Ticketing System
The UTShare Departmental User Access form is available for PeopleSoft security access and updates (recommended browser - Internet Explorer).
Thank you for your support!