Payroll Management Services
Payroll Services Office of The University of Texas at San Antonio provides payroll services to UTSA's three campuses: Main Campus, Downtown Campus and Institute of Texan Cultures.
MISSION: Payroll Services Office is to provide accurate and quality payroll operations and customer service to our client departments and individuals.
Payroll Services general responsibilities are:
- Production and Distribution of payroll for approximately 6,000 University employees
- Foreign National Taxation - including employees and non-employees
- Tax Withholding, Tax Reporting, and Tax Compliance
- Time and Labor Work Schedule Administration
- Time Labor System Production and Management
- Garnishment Administration
Effective September 1, 2015 Changes
1. The amount employees contribute to Teachers Retirement System (TRS) will increase to 7.2% effective September 1, 2015 and 7.7% beginning September 1, 2016. The employer contribution remains at 6.8%. Visit TRS’s website for more details.
2. Benefits Eligible employees appointed 75% or more (30 hours or more) will be eligible for full time premium sharing effective September 1, 2015. Visit UTSA HR website for details.
Employee Self Service (ESS) Instructions:
- Update or add Home/Mailing employee address
- View Paycheck
- View W-2
- Opening or Downloading Documents in ESS
- Direct Deposit: Enrollment or changes via ESS is not currently available until system enhancements are complete. Please visit the Payroll Services Office in person to complete a Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization form.
Network Support: Contact OIT 210.458.5555 or https://passphrase.utsa.edu/
UTShare/PeopleSoft Support: Contact 210.458.SPOC (7762)
Payroll Questions: Payroll 210.458-4280
|03/26/2015: Relocation Reimbursement Form - Added verbiage at top on where to send completed form.|
|03/12/2015: Special Payment Request Form - Adjusted table and verbiage.|
|02/19/2015: W-4 2015 - Updated W-4 to 2015 fillable version.|
|01/09/2015: Work Schedule Change Request - Updated References/Links section. Updated References/Links section.|
|01/07/2015: Relocation Reimbursement Form - Updated Mileage rate for 2015.|
|12/01/2014: Off-Cycle Payroll Check Request Form - Added bullets to the section Reason for Off-Cycle Check and added resolution box to be filled out by users.|
|10/27/2014: Relocation Reimbursement Form - Updated Mileage rate|