Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I buy stamps?
- Can we mail personal items in the mailroom?
- When is the USPS mail required to be turned in to the mailroom?
- When is the latest that I can bring a UPS shipment for processing?
- Where is the USPS mail box located?
- Are there any other drop boxes available?
- When is the mail picked up by the USPS?
- How do I ship something for the University by UPS?
- How can I find out what happened to my overnight shipment?
- How can I find out what it costs to send a domestic letter or package?
- How can I find out what it cost to send an international letter or package?
U.C. building information booth.
No, the university does not handle personal mail. There is a USPS drop box for mail outside the mailroom. If the item is over 13 lbs. it must be taken to the nearest USPS.
Certified mail must be in the mailroom by 8:45 a.m. for same day processing. All other mail must be in the mailroom by 3:00 p.m. to ensure same day processing.
All large UPS shipments must be in the mailroom no later than 3:30 for processing. Letter size UPS shipments must be in the mailroom no later than 4:30 for processing.
Just outside the mailroom in the MS building service tunnel.
There are after hours drop boxes for DHL, UPS, and USPS located in the service tunnel of the MS building.
The mail is picked up by the USPS at 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. There are no weekend or holiday pickups made by the USPS.
Fill out the UPS Express form and bring the item(s) to the mailroom for processing.
- usps tracking - for further information contact Mail services call 4240.
- www.fedex.com - for further information contact Central Services at 5942
- www.dhl.com - for further information contact Central Services at 5942
- www.ups.com - for further information contact Central Services at 5942