» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA Benefits Annual Enrollment period shortened this year
(July 1, 2011)--The UTSA HR Benefits Annual Enrollment (AE) period is July 15-31. During this time, benefit eligible employees and retirees may change their group insurance benefit elections and add, update or remove dependents from coverage using the My UT Benefits website:
- UT Select medical plan rates increasing effective September 1, 2011. Rates will be coming soon.
- No premium or plan changes for the optional coverages: Dental, Vision, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Long-Term Care. Regarding UT Flex, no changes for Plan Year 2011-2012, however, this is the last year employees may elect the $5,000 maximum for the Health Care Reimbursement Account. For Plan year 2012-2013, effective September 1, 2012, the new maximum will be $2,500.
- Health Care Reform Updates for UT Select Medical
- Young Adult Dependents covered up to age 26
- 100% coverage for Preventative Care and Services
- No Evidence of Insurability (EOI) required
- Frequently review your email for messages about your benefits, even if you are not on campus during the summer. Ensure that email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are added to your safe list, so the emails are not filtered from your inbox.
- Review the monthly "A Matter of Health" Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) newsletter for updates.
- Review the OEB dedicated Benefits Annual Enrollment website or the HR Benefits website for updates.
- Keep your personal information up to date to ensure you receive messages. Log in to the Employee Information System (EID and password required) promptly if you need to update your email address, U.S. mail address or other personal information. Retired employees who do not have access to the online system may submit the Personal Information Update form.
Attend an AE Benefits Fair
- Monday, July 25, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Main Campus
- Fair for Downtown and HemisFair Park campuses will end at 1 p.m.
- Presentations in English and Spanish. Please register for the presentations via the MyTraining website.
- More details: View AE Benefits Fair flier
>> To contact the HR Benefits Office, submit a ticket at the Ask HR Online Support website or call 210-458-4250 (automated system).