Become a SI Leader
Do you want the ultimate leadership experience on campus? Get
paid to have fun, work a flexible schedule, make new friends and
gain leadership experience by becoming an SI leader.
SI leaders work 10 hours per week during the Fall & Spring
semesters. Primary responsibilities include:
- Attend all class meetings of the selected course, take notes
and read assigned materials.
- Actively recruit SI participants by making weekly
announcements about the availability of SI sessions to students
and by posting session information every class meeting.
- Conduct three 50-minute study sessions per week throughout the
- Ascertain course requirements, plan effective learning
activities and provide handouts for use during SI sessions.
- Maintain contact throughout the term with the course
- Meet with other campus SI leaders and supervisory staff at
- Maintain office hour each week in the SI office.
- Attend the mandatory SI Leader training prior to the start of
every Fall and Spring semester.
Read the complete SI Leader Job Description.
"Never doubt that a small
group of thoughtful, committed people can change
the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
-- Margaret Mead
SI Leader Qualifications
All successful candidates for the position of SI leader must
possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
- A grade of 3.0 or above in the selected course.
- Completed at least 24 credit hours.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Faculty Recommendation.
SUBMIT THE SI LEADER APPLICATION ONLINE
DOWNLOAD THE WORD DOCUMENT LEADER APPLICATION (For MAC users)
FACULTY RECOMMENDATION FORM
Thank you for your interest in becoming an SI Leader. The application process has three steps:
- Step 1: Fill out and submit the application either online or in person at one of the SI office
locations (JPL 2.01.12A or DB 2.114). All applicants meeting the minimum eligibility
requirements can go on to step two.
- Step 2: After submitting your application, you will be contacted to schedule an interview
with one of the SI Program Coordinators.
- Step 3: Hiring decisions are finalized in consultation with the Director of SI
after interviews have been completed.
If you have questions please contact one of the SI Program Coordinators
at (210) 458-7251 or stop by the main campus office at JPL 2.01.12A.