We offer peer-to-peer academic support to students enrolled in a variety of courses. Both drop-in tutoring and one-on-one appointments are available.
UTSA offers a variety of tutoring programs to meet students’ needs:
Roadrunner Peer Tutoring
One-on-one tutoring is available through appointment or drop-ins. Tutoring is available for particular courses in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Math, Statistics and Computer Science. Learn more about our location and how to make an appointment.
Roadrunners enrolled in Basic Chemistry, General Chemistry I & II and Organic Chemistry I & II, MAT 1053 and 1073, ACC 2013 and ACC 2033 can attend Synergistic Targeted Academic Review Sessions (STARS), peer-led, interactive, and group focused sessions which cover traditionally difficult topics. Find out more about STARS session times and locations.
TutorMe is a free online tutoring service accessed through Canvas with live academic support. Click here to learn more about how to access TutorMe and which courses are supported.
Roadrunner Peer Tutoring
Tomás Rivera Center for Academic Excellence
MS 2.02.18 (Sombrilla Plaza, behind the Rowdy statue)
UTSA Main Campus
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Want to Schedule an Appointment After Hours?
Please complete our appointment request form and our team will get back to you via email.
Review the list below of TutorMe-supported courses, download a PDF of all TutorMe-supported courses, or find all courses supported by academic support programs in the grid on the Academic Support Programs page.
- ACC 2003, 2013, 2033, 3023, 3033
- BIO 1201, 1203, 1223
- CHE 1004
- DS 4003, 5003
- CHE 1073, 1103, 1113, 2603, 3643
- CS 2233
- ECO 2013, 2023
- FIN 3013, 3023
- HIS 1043, 1053
- MAT 1023, 1043, 1053, 1073, 1093, 1133, 1214, 1224
- MBA 5113, 5413, 5513
- MS 1023, 3043, 5003
- PHY 1603, 1943, 1951, 1963, 1971
- POL 1013, 1133
- PSY 1013, 2073
- SPN 1024, 2013, 2023, 2033, 3003, 3043, 3063
- STA 1053
- WRC 1013
- CS 1063, 1083, 1714
- FRN 1014, 2013, 4913
- IS 2053, 2063, 3073, 6703, 6713
- SOC 1013
Instructions to Access TutorMe
- Log in to your supported course on Canvas.
- Locate the TutorMe link in the lefthand sidebar
- Click to get started!
- What does "on demand" mean?
- Live tutoring for supported on demand courses is available at any time. Typical wait times are 1 to 5 minutes.
- What does "by request" mean?
- In by request courses, you can select a specific tutor and message them. If they are available, they will respond within 24 hours. Plan ahead, as by request tutoring is not guaranteed.
- How many hours do I get?
- Each student gets 6 hours per week across all subjects. Be sure to plan ahead and study across the semester!
- Do I have to pay?
- No, you do not have to pay anything extra to access TutorMe. TutorMe is provided as a service of UTSA. Please log in to TutorMe through Canvas, not the TutorMe website, to avoid being asked to pay.
Become a Tutor
Get paid to have fun, work a flexible schedule, make new friends and gain leadership experience by becoming a tutor. Visit our student employment page to learn more and apply!