Supportive measures are designed to ensure equal access to educational programs and activities and eliminate a hostile environment on campus prior to or during an investigation.
Supportive measures and/or accommodations are available for parties in situations alleging sexual harassment and sexual violence including sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking. The following list is not exhaustive and each situation will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the Title IX Coordinator or a Deputy Title IX Coordinator who has knowledge of campus resources and what might be reasonably available under the specific circumstances:
- Class schedule or housing changes
- Work schedule changes
- Transportation assistance
- Excused absences or substitute assignments
- Escorts for safe movement within the campus community, including resources such as the LiveSafe app.
- University-issued No Contact orders
- Supportive measures – referrals to counseling, health services
- Assistance acquiring victim advocacy services from local providers as well as the UTSA PEACE Center
- Assistance acquiring VISA and immigration information
- Assistance acquiring student financial aid information
- Assistance acquiring legal services information
Parties are encouraged to communicate any other needs regarding supportive measures that may not be listed and, if available, additional supportive measures will be provided.