Strategic Plan Refresh Process 2022-23
Approaching the halfway point in our ten-year strategic plan, UTSA has made remarkable strides toward our three strategic destinations. We have achieved new levels of excellence in student success, are well on our way to becoming a great public research university, and continue to set a new standard as an exemplar for strategic growth and innovative excellence. But we know that our work is not done.
Why a refresh?
UTSA’s strategic plan was never intended to be a static vision. The refresh allows us to build on our momentum of success, celebrate our achievements to date, apply our lessons learned, adapt to a changing higher education landscape (indeed, a post-pandemic world), and align our resources to continue our trajectory of transformation.
Refreshing our strategic destinations, mission, vision, and values, peer models of excellence, and preparing an aligned long-range financial plan is a UT System requirement.
"The refresh is our opportunity to come together as a Roadrunner community and amend our vision to continue our forward progress." - President Taylor Eighmy
Reaching the Midpoint of UTSA's Ten-Year Strategic Plan
A town hall with President Taylor Eighmy
Monday, November 28, 2022
President Taylor Eighmy has appointed Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Heather Shipley to chair the Strategic Planning Refresh Steering Committee. This group includes senior leaders from across campus, and representatives from UTSA’s Faculty Senate, Staff Senate, Student Government Association, and the Department Chairs’ Council.
The SPRSC will serve two primary roles in the refresh process:
- Leadership in affirming and revising our strategic plan
- Facilitate widespread communication about the revision effort and take the lead in engaging feedback from faculty, staff, and student stakeholders
The members of the steering committee include:
Interim Provost & Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs
Steering Committee Chair
Vice President, Inclusive Excellence
Lynn Barnes, Jr.
Senior Vice Provost, Strategic Enrollment
Interim Dean, KCEID
Interim Vice President, REDKE
Chair, Departmental Chairs Council
Vice President, Intercollegiate Athletics
Senior Associate Vice President, Real Estate, Construction, Planning and Facilities
Senior Associate Vice President, Financial Affairs and CFO
Vice Provost & University Librarian
Senior Associate Vice President, Admin and Operations, Business Affairs
Chair, Staff Senate
Vice President, Information Management and Technology
Senior Vice President, Institutional Strategic Planning, Chief of Staff
Vice Provost, Graduate Students & Dean, Graduate School
Associate Vice Provost for Strategic Planning and Assessment
Vice President, Advancement and Alumni Engagement
Founding Director, SDS
Lisa J. Montoya
Vice Provost, Global Initiatives
Vice President, University Relations
Jasmin Paquet-Durand Ford
Senior Vice Provost & Dean of Students
Senior Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Enterprise Development Officer
Chief of Police
Vice Provost, Academic Innovation
Associate Vice Provost, Institutional Research
Tammy J. Wyatt
Vice Provost, Student Success
Chair, Faculty Senate
The strategic plan refresh process will mirror the iterative, input-and-dissemination engagement strategies developed in the administration and follow-up of the Campus Climate Survey. Key milestones include:
- December 2022 | Steering Committee members prime their faculty, staff and students for the work ahead by highlighting accomplishments from the first five years and describing the refresh process.
- Spring 2023 | The Steering Committee will provide faculty, staff, and students with four opportunities to give their feedback on the current strategic plan and new proposals. These steps include:
- An anonymous campus survey (February) - View a summary of responses.
- A listening session hosted by your Vice President or Dean (March - April) - View the Executive Summary Report; View Summaries of All 50 Listening Sessions.
- An opportunity to review and share reactions to summaries from the listening sessions (March - May)
- An opportunity to review and provide input on the Steering Committee’s evolving drafts (May - July)
- Spring and Summer 2023 | The Steering Committee reviews and analyzes stakeholder feedback to draft revisions to the strategic plan. The Steering Committee submits its final recommendations to Dr. Eighmy. View the Steering Committee's Final Report.
- November 2023: Present | The refreshed plan and pro forma are presented to the UT System Board of Regents. View the long-range financial plan presentation.
Share Your Thoughts
Throughout the strategic planning refresh process, members of the UTSA community will have many opportunities to get involved and have their voices heard. It takes all of us to move forward together.
Look for information about upcoming virtual and in-person listening sessions hosted by your dean, vice president, and other campus leaders in the spring. Members of the UTSA community will be invited to share their feedback through online surveys and web portals.
Questions? Contact email@example.com