» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA administrative staff honored for completing HR training series
(May 6, 2013) -- UTSA administrative professionals spent time refreshing and recharging at the seventh annual celebration of the Administrative Support Toolbox Series training program April 24. With the Hawaii theme "Aloha! Refresh and Recharge," the event was hosted by the UTSA Human Resources Training and Development department and recognized 14 administrative staff members who completed five courses through more than 17 classroom training hours.
Coinciding with National Administrative Professionals Day, the event included a presentation on creating healthy balance by managing stress by Kristee Phelps, UTSA occupational health and wellness manager. The program also included singing, dancing and ukulele playing by Kai Kamaka, events manager in the UTSA Center for Research and Training in the Sciences - EMTSEF.
UTSA staff members who completed the training series received certificates of achievement and special gifts:
Staff member and department
- Tracy-Lea Alderete, Athletics
- Shandra Bigler, Geological Sciences
- Marisol Chapa, Facilities Operations/Maintenance
- Ruth Coates, Associate Dean of Students
- Glenda L. Cruse, SBDCNET
- Yolanda Helm, Housing and Residence Life
- Rhonda M. Johnson, Computer Science
- Jane C. Markland, Student Disability Services
- Betty Melzow, Housing and Residence Life
- Irene Mireles, SBDC Regional Office
- Jacob Payne, Biology
- Evelyn Molly Rosas, Student Disability Services
- Cheryl Sandoval, Biology
- Taniesa Williams, Police
The Administrative Support Toolbox Series consists of five courses plus an orientation session that focus on key functional areas that involve UTSA administrative staff. The courses provide an overview of the functions, services and resources of each area. Subject matter experts present important information in the classes.
The series runs on a continual six-month cycle with one class each month. The schedule allows administrative professionals to attend class when their schedules permit and to complete the series according to their own timelines. Because class information is updated each time it is presented, past graduates are encouraged to attend class as a refresher to stay up to date.
The Administrative Support Toolbox Series will present the Academic/Student Processing Class on May 23, and the five-course rotation will begin in June.
- Human Resources Processing (SD 240), June
- Orientation (SD 228), July
- Note: No class in August
- Financial Processing (SD 239), September
- Communications and Marketing (SD 238), October
- Supervision (SD 241), November
- Academic/Student Processing (SD 245), December
For more information and to register for classes, visit the UTSA MyTraining website or contact HR Training and Development at 210-458-4658.