» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA Career Center establishes student internship program
(Feb. 4, 2014) -- The UTSA Career Center has begun a university internship program, thorough which students can receive invaluable experience in departments across the university.
In the coming weeks, the Career Center will establish 30 positions in campus departments to provide students with the opportunity to have meaningful and educational opportunities in an internship capacity.
The goals of this program are to:
- Provide students with experiential learning opportunities on campus
- Enable students to gain practical career experience
- Provide opportunities for students to earn money while they learn
- Strengthen student relationships with university faculty and staff
- Support UTSA's Graduation Rate Improvement Plan
This pilot program is part of the Graduation Rate Improvement Plan to support student success by providing on-campus employment opportunities that will have structure, rigorous qualifications and requirements, and provide direct staff/faculty mentorship and guidance.
For more information on establishing an internship in your department, arrange a meeting with a Career Center staff member by emailing Avin Jordan, coordinator of experiential learning, or Otis Scott, assistant director of career services.