17. What information must be provided when booking travel through full service or Concur?
Whether using full service by contacting the travel agencies or by using Concur, you must provide the following: RTA/TV number, the account which travel expenses will be charged, your division, and credit card number.
18. What vendors/carriers are included in Concur?
Concur integrates the UT System-wide travel and car agencies: Corporate Travel Planners and car rental agencies, (Avis/Budget, Enterprise/National and Hertz.) This data is extracted from the GDS (Global Distribution System), which is the power search engine for other online booking sites.
There are a few vendors/carriers that do not provide information to the GDS for public distribution so there may be some hotels or smaller airlines not included in search results. UTSA has compared rates, available flights, and hotel rooms with online sites and the information in Concur is competitive and comparable.
If a specific vendor is not included, you can contact the vendor directly for a reservation. Please note that this information will not be included on your itineraries and the vendor will most likely not be able to provide an eReceipt.
19. Do we have to use Concur/Corporate Travel Planners or Anthony Travel to book travel or can we still do it the old way?
Airfare must be purchased using one of the approved travel agencies. Their pricing is very competitive. They offer reduced rates for airfare, car rental, and hotel reservation needs that other travel agencies will not be able to offer. It is highly recommended that Concur/Corporate Travel Planners/Anthony Travel be utilized when booking in order to maximize cost savings.
20. What if I want to book a flight on my own?
When using Concur Travel or calling one of the travel agencies, you can book flights yourself while maintaining access to corporate discounts. You can compare these discounted flights with Internet fares and other alternatives to find the best travel solutions – solutions that comply with company’s travel policies.
21. What happens if a travel instance is booked directly with the airline instead of through the contracted vendor?
You would still be able to travel; HOWEVER, this is a non-compliance violation. UTSA employees must use the required travel agencies to book travel. See the following link on details for non-compliance violations.
22. Can you select specific airlines, flights or seats on the Concur website?
Yes. You are able to select specific airlines, flights and seats using Concur.
23. Can I book travel using the Southwest Airlines website?
No. You must use either Concur or contact the travel agencies directly. All Southwest Airlines airfare will be listed in Concur, to include web and “Wanna Get Away” fares.
24. How can I view the itinerary for flights I have already booked?
On the My Concur page, review the Upcoming Trips section. For more detailed information, click the appropriate trip name in the Trip Name/Description column and then click View Itinerary.
25. How do I change my reservation after it’s been booked?
To make changes to your seat assignment or add a hotel or car reservations to a trip, click the trip name in the Upcoming Trips area of the My Concur. To change your air itinerary contact your travel agency directly.
To change an Internet ticket, contact the airline customer service directly. Your agency or company will not be able to assist with changes to Internet tickets as they do not have access to the ticket data through the agency booking system.
Note: When you contact your travel agency to cancel your reservation, the itinerary is not automatically removed from the Upcoming Travel section on My Concur. To remove the canceled itinerary from the Upcoming Travel section:
26. Can I add a car or hotel to an airline reservation after it is booked?
Yes. You can make changes before your ticket is issued. To add or modify your trip, click the name of the trip on the Upcoming Trips section of My Concur and then click Change Trip.
27. How do I reserve a car or hotel?
If you specified that you need a car on the Flight tab when you reserved your flight, you will see the car and hotel search results. You can then reserve your car and hotel based on those results.
28. Will Concur allow me to select a hotel that is higher than the allowable state rate when I indicate I am using state funds?
Concur has numerous travel alerts built in that will assist travelers with selecting options that are within travel policy. If a traveler selects the state funding policy source, it will display the destination point and the per diem rates for meals, lodging and incidentals for the location. Concur will display all hotel options and allow a traveler to select a location and room rate. Concur has several policy alerts in place to assist travelers in the decision-making process. If selecting a hotel that is out of the price range or not a contracted hotel, then the traveler will need to provide a short explanation on why this specific hotel was selected.
Examples of this include, but are not limited to, sharing a room with another employee, safety issues, and decrease meals to increase lodging costs. Concur will not prevent a traveler from making a room reservation.
29. Will we have to book hotels through the travel agency? And if so, often we book a room at the conference hotel and receive the conference rate by going directly through the conference links to the hotel website. Will the agency be able to do that?
Travelers have the option to book hotel reservations three ways, 1) contact the travel agency, 2) book through Concur, and 3) contact the hotel directly. When booking hotels for conferences, inform the travel agent so they can find these special rates.
30. Can I make reservations for another individual?
Yes; if that individual has assigned you as a travel assistant/arranger in their own profile. If they have given you addition access as a travel arranger, then you are not able to make arrangements on their behalf.
31. Can I book travel for my spouse or companion?
Yes. You can book travel for your spouse or companion. You must contact the travel agency directly and tell them your intentions. Please be reminded that this will need to be paid for with a personal credit card and not with an agency/state issued, or agency paid credit card.
32. How do you handle booking multiple people in the same hotel or on the same flight?
You can have each individual or their assistant/travel arranger make a reservation independently and place the reservation on hold. The reservation will only be held for a short amount of time (approximately 12 hours). You can compare the reservations with the other employee you will be traveling with to ensure that the same information is booked. Once confirmed, you can go into Concur and finalize the trip booking. Another option is to contact the travel agencies for an assisted booking.
33. How do you handle the situation where two employees are sharing a room?
One individual can make the hotel reservation. Upon check-in, two forms of payment may be presented; however, if only one form of payment is used, then the hotel charge can be reflected on the TRS form of the individual who paid for the hotel room. Please include the second person as a guest. The other traveler would also indicate the payment method used on their TRS form.
34. How are group reservations handled? What about conference hotels with promotional rates?
Group or conference hotel rates are not generally provided to the general public so they are not included in the GDS information provided to Corporate Travel Planners/Concur or Anthony Travel. In order to book a group or conference rate, you can either contact the vendor directly or contact either of the travel agencies for an assisted booking.
35. Where do I view my itinerary?
Concur Travel will send your itinerary to you immediately after you confirm the trip. Your agency will email your final itinerary when it is ticketed. In addition, you can view your itinerary from in the Upcoming Trips section on the My Concur or Travel pages.
36. Will I be able to book personal travel using Concur?
Yes. You just have to let the agent know that it is for personal travel.
37. What if my plans change unexpectedly during a trip? How can I rebook a trip or make adjustments to my travel plans?
Contact the travel agency with whom you secured travel. Corporate Travel Planners and Anthony Travel are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can contact them directly to assist you with any changes to your travel plans.