The University of Texas at San Antonio is adopting a new budgeting approach that is highly customized for the needs of the university. Called Incentivized Resource Management (IRM), it provides increased transparency into budgetary decisions that impact the university's ability to meet its goals.
- Collaborative approaches to resource planning that occur throughout the year
- Integrated conversations for academic planning and financial management
- Longer term outlook that plans for the next three to five years
- Regular data-driven review of unit-level financial performance
- Broader scope for stakeholder groups to inform budgetary decisions in a coordinated way
- Formal communication that links central investments to university-wide strategic priorities
President Eighmy on Incentivized Resource Management
President Eighmy shares his thoughts regarding the impact of IRM at UTSA.