About USDA FaST
- FaST dedicates itself to growing the relationships between students and faculty.
- Growing the relationships between FaST teams and leading research labs.
- Growing the relationship between the USDA and HSI universities.
- Together, we can grow a better tomorrow!
TO address the demonstrated need of training and preparing Hispanic scientists to fill key science positions in the agricultural and environmental fields.
BY bringing the country's best researchers together with students and faculty from underrepresented groups to address current USDA research concerns.
WHILE fostering the goal of an increased pool of Hispanics who pursue careers in these areas, resulting in increased capacity both at the USDA and Hispanic Serving Institutes (HSI) universities.
Study sites, where spotted knapweed plants were subjected to several levels of herbivory by insects, and plant competition. - University of Colorado at Boulder
- Advance the retention of underrepresented students and faculty in these teaching and research programs.
- Address issues of particular concern in the USDA through the enhancement of graduate level teaching and research programs in a variety of disciplines at HSIs.
- Function as an outlet for the transfer of information on completed and ongoing research.
- Foster and expand links between NRI facilities and the USDA to Hispanic faculty and graduate students and HSIs with benefits to the state and regional location of the HSIs.
- Create a link between prospective employers and students.