Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

Payroll Office

Foreign National Employees

Foreign National visiting individuals hired as employees arrive in the United States under one of the two Visa Types.

Visit the Employee Visa listed below for details regarding Required Forms, Required Documentation, Payment & Employment Restrictions.

Visa Type 

J-1 Visa for Exchange Visitor: Short-Term Scholar, Professor, Researcher, or Specialist

H-1B Visa for Exchange Visitor: Professional, Temporary Worker in Specialty Occupation

TN Visa for Trade NAFTA: Special non-immigration status unique only to citizens of Canada and Mexico. Similar to H1-B with occupational limitations, and visitor may apply to re-new every three years.

In All We Do, We Do With Excellence - Every Person - Every Day - Every Job