The Classroom to Career Task Force will develop an integrated campus-wide framework to identify, connect, and align existing experiential learning programs and identify partnerships that could lead to new or expanded programs, with an outcome of deepening student learning experiences and career success. The framework will include goals, metrics, accountability and self-assessment.
View the Initiative Brief View Taskforce Members
- Experiential learning facilitates a fuller understanding of the real-world applications of students’ classroom learning and has been shown to increase student engagement, which can in turn improve student retention.
- Experiential learning can generate marketable skills that enhance a student’s self-efficacy and improve career success.
- Through providing interns, UTSA will benefit businesses, non-profits, and government organizations throughout the San Antonio community and beyond.
- UTSA will engage more students, particularly at the undergraduate level, in research-related engaged scholarship.
- A campus-wide experiential learning framework will further encourage cross-disciplinary and cross-cutting collaborations across university units.