Become an SI Leader
Do you want the ultimate leadership experience on campus?
SI leaders work 10 hours per week during the Fall & Spring semesters. Primary responsibilities include:
- • Attend all class meetings of the selected course, take notes and read assigned materials.
- • Actively recruit SI participants by making weekly announcements about the availability of SI sessions
- to students and by posting session information every class meeting.
- • Conduct three 50-minute study sessions per week throughout the term.
- • Ascertain course requirements, plan effective learning activities and provide handouts for use during SI sessions.
- • Maintain contact throughout the term with the course professor.
- • Meet with other campus SI leaders and supervisory staff at weekly meetings.
- • Maintain office hour each week in the SI office.
- • Attend the mandatory SI Leader training prior to the start of every Fall and Spring semester.
Applications and Links
Thank you for your interest in becoming an SI Leader. The application process has three steps:
- • Step 1: Fill out and submit the application either online or in person at one of the SI office locations (JPL 4.02.08 or DB 2.114).
- All applicants meeting the minimum eligibility requirements can go on to step two.
- • Step 2: After submitting your application, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with one of the SI Program Coordinators.
- • Step 3: Hiring decisions are finalized in consultation with the Director of SI after interviews have been completed.
For more information, please contact the Supplemental Instruction at:
Main Campus | JPL 4.02.08 | 210-458-7251 or Downtown Campus | DB 2.114 | 210-458-7251