Solutions to Support Unlimited Possibilities
PeopleSoft Support & Sustainment Center
UTSA will proficiently use modern ERP tools to effectively and efficiently execute streamlined University business processes in support of attaining Tier I status.
Continue to enhance a standard Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Management System (FMS) using the PeopleSoft system that provides access to accurate, timely, and relevant data while using recognized best business practices in a shared services environment in support of the University of Texas system.
The Shared Services Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) FMS and HCM system, known as UTShare, is a large project that was undertaken by The University of Texas System Shared Services to replace DEFINE, HRMS, Point Plus and other business application systems with Oracle PeopleSoft ERP software. The UTShare project implementation included seven participating institutions including, UT Arlington, UT Brownsville, UT El Paso, UT Permian Basin, UT San Antonio, UT Tyler and UT System. UTShare’s ultimate goal is to, over time, achieve:
- Cost savings realized through economies of scale;
- Obtain process improvements attained through standardization; and
- Adopt a universal application of Higher Education best practices.
In addition, the implementation changes the way the universities serve students and business process transactions by providing web-based solutions and tools that improve efficiency and productivity through better data management and reporting capabilities.
Core Services provided by the PSSC include:
End user support: Provides application support for employees, supervisors, and department administrative staff (front office).
- Provides the campus help desk for shared application support.
- Maintains applications FAQ, Online job aides, self-help tutorials, and helpful hints webinars.
- Distributes communications to key user groups.
PeopleSoft Application security administration and access control: Processes security access forms for shared applications access (campus ISA), provides reports, and maintains access control procedures under controller oversight.
- Maintains campus workflow configuration and submits security configuration requests to Shared Services for both dynamic group configuration for the Time and Labor module and HCM row level security permission lists.
- Escalates security related issues to Shared Services Security Administrators
- Maintain trees used for row level security and reporting.
Application technical support: Coordinates technical services for interfaces between campus systems and shared service applications. Provides technical analysis for application related issues. Includes:
- Shared application technical support
- Check printer support
- SharePoint support for administrative applications and interim solutions
- Interfaces with internal and external systems
- Automated batch job scheduling and support
- File transfer maintenance and support
- Campus help desk ticketing system administration (SPOC)
- System testing of patches and enhancements
Project Management: Manages UT System shared services projects (implementations, upgrades, and new features/enhancements) at the campus level. Manages campus projects related to shared administrative applications for the VP of Business Affairs.
Shared Support Services with Back Offices (Financial Affairs, Human Resources, Purchasing)
Application Support: Provides application support for back office (formerly central processing) area staff. Troubleshoots application issues and escalates to the Shared Services support team as required.
- Incident management and requests for changes and enhancements.
- Coordinates testing of patches and enhancement at the campus level.
Report writing and distribution: Creates report specifications in coordination with campus requestors and gains approval of data owners for use and distribution of data. Develops queries or submits requests to Shared Services for more complex reports.
- Shared report testing and deployment.
- Development and maintenance of campus reports.
- UTShare data warehouse reporting.
- Administration of campus reporting tools.
Campus Representative to UT System Shared Services: Central contact and liaison to UT System Shared Information Services, who maintain shared applications on behalf of the UTShare campuses.
Hours of Operation:
Support hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm, except on University Holidays.
The PSSC can be reached via
- Ticketing System (SPOC): http://hrsupport.utsa.edu/support/index.php?/SPOC/Tickets/Submit
- Telephone: 210-458-7762 (SPOC)
- Website: www.utsa.edu/utshare
Level 1: End user support by help desk staff through response to tickets logged in SPOC and by phone call.
Level 2: Resolutions of application issues including system issues, data quality issues, access control issues, Report analysis and new report requests, extract/interface issues, Portal support, Report/query issues.
Level 3: System issues escalated to Shared Services staff including performance issues, functional and technical configuration issues, reporting database issues, role and permission list issues, and Portal issues.