UTSA Alumni Oral History Publication
Frequently Asked Questions by Alumni
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about UTSA. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association to hear about your personal experiences and explain how UTSA has helped shape your lives.
2. Does University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
4. I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at UTSA. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association update line at 855-350-4674.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the Alumni Association directly.
6. I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time to share your story.
7. I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
8. I’d like to add / remove info from my story.
You will receive an email prior to publication with a link to review your transcribed story and make any edits.
9. Can anyone purchase a book?
The University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association Oral History Publication is available for sale only to UTSA alumni.
10. When will I receive my book?
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in June 2021, the books will be distributed in June 2022.
11. I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.
For any other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org