Come to UTSA for a nostalgic Commencement Drive around the Main Campus on Friday, May 13, 2022. The drive will begin at the Brackenridge (BK 5) parking lot adjacent to University Oaks Phase III. Decorate your vehicles and wear your regalia to celebrate your achievement with the UTSA Community! Vehicles can begin gathering at 5 p.m. The parade begins at 5:30 p.m.
Feel free to bring someone along to drive, so you can wave and take photos from your vehicle. To make this a safe experience for everyone, please remain in your vehicle and limit your celebration to one car per graduate. All cars must begin at the parade starting point and stay in line as the drive goes through campus. The parade will be led by the UTSA Police Department and we ask that you only join the parade from the official starting point and adhere to motor vehicle guidelines for the number of passengers.
You can also join the celebration even if you are not in San Antonio. Honk your horns at 5:30 p.m. and share your videos on social media using #UTSAGrad22 for a chance to be featured on our channels.
Graduates from the class of 2022 are welcome to join in this campus tradition.
Invite your family and friends to watch the Commencement Drive from one of our designated viewing areas so they can join you in the celebration.
We wish to ensure that everyone's experience is engaging, fun, and safe.
As such, please note a few ground rules for the Commencement Drive:
- Please plan to stay in your vehicle throughout out this roughly half hour event - note, most restrooms on campus will be closed on the event day.
- We encourage you to bring your own face covering or mask.
- While driving in your own vehicle we ask that you stay on the specified route, maintain a speed no greater than 10mph, and that you keep moving through the route without stopping or slowing down to speak with those along the route.
- The tour route will start at the Breckenridge Ave 5 entrance off of UTSA Blvd - you will not be able to enter the campus through any other entrance as they will be blocked for the tour. The tour will exit onto 1604 from Brenan Ave.
- There are a limited quantity of commemorative giveaway that will be presented to each vehicle as it begins the drive.
Family Viewing Areas
Ensure your friends and family has great view of the Commencement Drive. Share these family viewing parking areas with them.