Acelerando Newsletter - Vol. 2, Issue 2
Acelerando: The Newsletter of UTSA Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Volume 2, Issue 1
This is Acelerando, the newsletter of UTSA Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SIE). Here’s where you’ll find the latest on what’s happening in innovation and entrepreneurship at UTSA.
Welcome to Our New SIE Program Manager
Welcome Ryan Thomas to the UTSA Office for Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Ryan comes to us from Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ where he was the Director of University Events. Ryan recently relocated to San Antonio with his family and we are lucky to have his help at UTSA. If you get the chance, stop in the SIE offices in GSR 2.204 and say hello!
Witness the Final Round of This Year's $100K Tech Venture Competition
5 Teams will compete for cash and in-kind prizes on April 21st for the competition’s final round:
- The BackPack (Garrett Fernandez, Lizet Rojas, Kayla Ruiz, Ashley Ridoutt)
- Holographic Cube, Inc. (Michael Whitley, Elizabeth (Betsy) Sullivan, Omar Diaz, Nicolas Serenil, Jordan Panis)
- Blynx (John Navarro, Joe Gonzalez)
- Remedium (Jaime Benavides, Felipe Morales, Rich Yi, Isaiah Arredondo)
- Static Lint Roller (Steven Valentin)
The final pitches will take place April 21st at 2 pm in the UTSA Convocation Center on Main Campus in conjunction with the UTSA Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design’s annual Tech Symposium. Come to witness the innovation and cheer on your favorite team!
Once Again, the Entrepreneurship Boot Camp was a Success!
On Saturday, March 5, students attending the Spring Entrepreneurship Boot Camp were treated to the insights and advice from another great batch of local entrepreneurs and investors.
Thanks go to our speakers:
- Janie Gonzalez (CEO of webhead)
- Gordon Daugherty (best-selling author and co-founder of Capital Factory)
- Pratap Khanwilkar (vice president of InCube Labs)
- David Spencer (CEO of Prytime Medical Devices)
- Eric Adolphe (CEO of Forward Edge-AI, Inc)
- Washington Navarro (CEO of the The Entrepreneurial World)
- Douglas Miller (Owner of Green Horizon Holdings and Board Member for Biller Miller BBQ)
- Jon Ryan Garcia (program manager at Geekdom)
Thanks also to Ryan Thomas, Ginnifer Cie Gee, Hugh Stevens and Olivia Evans (marketing manager for Geekdom) for event support and Guy Walsh, Richard Rodriguez and Charles (Cos) Cosnowski for the use of the NSCC Conference Space in the North Paseo Building.
TUNIE is Coming to Town!
The Texas University Network for Innovation and Enterpreneurship will be having it’s yearly meeting in San Antonio co-hosted by UTSA and Trinity University on May 19 & 20. Stay “tuned” for more details!
Thank you for your continued support and Go 'Runners!
For more info on innovation and entrepreneurship at UTSA:
Randolph (Randy) Borland Quinn, MBA