As a UTSA student, can the Office of Legal Affairs provide me with legal advice or representation?

The Office of Legal Affairs represents the University of Texas at San Antonio. The Office of Legal Affairs does not represent students. If you are a UTSA student and you are in need of an attorney, below are some resources you may find helpful.


This is an online service that provides free legal information and court forms for simple civil legal problems. Please visit their website for more information: https://texaslawhelp.org/

Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA)

This organization provides free legal services to low income residents. You must meet the eligibility guidelines to qualify. To learn more and see if you qualify for assistance, please visit their website: https://www.trla.org/.

St. Mary's University School of Law Center for Legal and Social Justice

The Consumer Protection Clinic has a Housing Hotline at 210-570-6135 that offers free legal information, advice, and referrals for people in a housing crisis. Please see the website for more information on the various clinics offered: https://law.stmarytx.edu/academics/special-programs/clinics/#civiljustice

San Antonio Legal Services Association (SALSA)

This service provides free civil law legal help to low-income people, including family, housing, consumer law issues and more. To learn more and see if you qualify for assistance, please visit their website: https://www.sa-lsa.org/

Texas Legal Services Center

This service offers free assistance across Texas in various areas of law, such as crime victims, family, veterans’ assistance, and probate. To learn more and see if you qualify for assistance, please visit their website: https://www.tlsc.org/legal-aid-programs.

The University of Texas at San Antonio Office of Legal Affairs is committed to providing accurate, thorough and timely legal advice to the University administration, and to pursuing a proactive, problem-solving approach to legal issues and problems through a collaborative effort with the administration.

None of the information contained on this web site is intended to be construed as legal advice.