Privacy at UTSA
Reporting Suspected Privacy Violations
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- FERPA statute (20 U.S.C. § 1232g)
- FERPA regulations (34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- FERPA regulations guide, published by the U.S. Dept. of Education
- U.S. Dept. of Education, Family Policy Compliance Office (FPCO)
- UT System Regents Rule 50702, Confidentiality and Security of Education Records Subject to FERPA
- UT System Policy UTS 183, Maintenance of Education Records Subject to FERPA
- UTSA HOP 5.01 Student Rights under FERPA
- Chapter 181 of the Texas Health & Safety Code https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/HS/htm/HS.181.htm
The University of Texas at San Antonio Office of Legal Affairs is committed to providing accurate, thorough and timely legal advice to the University administration, and to pursuing a proactive, problem-solving approach to legal issues and problems through a collaborative effort with the administration.
None of the information contained on this web site is intended to be construed as legal advice.