Welcome to the student travel web page for university sponsored travel greater than twenty-five (25) miles. This site contains important information about student travel safety, processes, and related policies and serves as a helpful resource for faculty, staff and students.
* These forms can be completed online and printed (require version 8.1 or higher of Adobe Reader).
International SOS (Travelers are automatically enrolled if travel arrangements are completed using a UT System contracted travel agency. If a UT System contracted travel agency is not used, then travelers must manually register their travel itinerary in the International SOS Personal Travel Locator before obtaining approval to attend the activity or event and prior to departure.)
- Texas Department of Public Safety Application for Copy of Driver Record
- To become an authorized driver of a rental vehicle including a twelve (12) passenger van that meets certain specifications, employees and student employees must have a motor vehicle report on file with the University Police Department which contains a rating of three (3) points or fewer for the most recent three-year driving history as required by UTS 157.
- The motor vehicle report must be completed prior to obtaining approval to attend the activity or event and before departure.
- Organizing departments must request a motor vehicle report from the University Police Department at least every twelve months after the employee or student employee is initially authorized to drive.
- UTSA Defensive Driver Awareness Training and Quiz
- To become an authorized driver of a rental vehicle including a twelve (12) passenger van that meets certain specifications, employees and student employees must also successfully complete the university’s online Defensive Driving Awareness course (SA 505) and quiz at least once a year.
- The defensive driver training and test must be completed prior to obtaining approval to attend the activity or event and before departure.
- Driver Training Course and On-Road Training
- To become an authorized driver of a twelve (12) passenger van that meets certain specifications, employees and student employees must successfully complete a driver training course and on-road training that pertains to the use of twelve (12) passenger vans at least once a year.
- The driver training course and on-road training must be completed prior to obtaining approval to attend the activity or event and before departure.
- Contact the Fleet Manager at (210) 458-7681 to schedule this training.
- UT Special Events Insurance Plan (for domestic travel - optional)
- Special events insurance coverage is available through the University of Texas System. Students without current medical insurance are encouraged to purchase this coverage when participating in an activity or event covered by the student travel policy. Cost is $5.00 per day.
- UT Special Events Insurance Coverage User ID Request
- Organizing department completes, scans and emails the UT Special Event Insurance Coverage User ID Request form to Academic Health Plans.
- Requestor will be sent a username and password to access the online enrollment portal.
- Payment for Special Events Insurance Fee For Student Travel
- After the student is enrolled for the special events insurance plan by the organizing department, he/she pays for coverage at Fiscal Services and provides the organizing department with proof of payment.
- Prior to departure to the activity or event, proof of payment by the student must be submitted by the organizing department to the Office of the Senior Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students via email at DOS@utsa.edu.