Bold Scholars Program
The UTSA Bold Scholars Program provides exclusive opportunities and a network of support designed to guide and encourage its students as they navigate the college environment and pursue their degrees.
Support for Personal, Academic and Career Success
The Bold Scholars Program is a four-year program providing support, resources, and community to help you engage early in the university experience, build your network, and participate in career-focused experiential learning across your four-year course of study at UTSA. The program is designed to foster your ultimate success both in the classroom and in your career.
Bold Scholars Program Services
Our team provides direct assistance to help you navigate the university and will be a hub of support for you along the way.
We are here to help you:
- Develop plans to set and achieve academic and career goals.
- Connect you with academic support, career services, and student engagement resources on campus.
- Coordinate with other services (e.g., advising, financial aid, disability services).
- Build habits and skills for success through workshops and one-on-one consultations. Examples include motivation, organization, time management, and study skills.
Incoming students who are awarded a Bold Promise scholarship and who choose to live on campus in Chisholm Hall triple-occupancy rooms during their first year at UTSA are eligible to be a Bold Scholar.
- Submit a FAFSA or TASFA each year (opens October 1)
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Complete a minimum of 24 hours by the end of the spring semester
- Remain in good academic standing
- Live in UTSA housing during freshman year; specifically in triple-occupancy rooms in the Bold Scholars living-learning community within Chisholm Hall
- Attend a minimum of one 1:1 check-in appointments with our program team
- Attend a minimum of two Bold Scholar workshops/presentations each semester
- Attend a minimum of one Bold Scholar community building event each semester
- Maintain scholarship eligibility requirements