First-Gen STEM Scholars sponsored by USAA
The UTSA First-Gen STEM Scholars sponsored by USAA is a special scholarship program that fosters first-generation undergraduate student success by reducing loan debt, increasing graduation rates, and emphasizing career-engaged learning.
Support for Personal, Academic and Career Success
The First-Gen STEM Scholars sponsored by USAA receive an annual scholarship of up to $5,000. With support from peer mentors, faculty coaches, and career counselors, students will enhance their career readiness skills, expand their personal and professional networks, and ensure they persist towards graduation.
Based on the start date of the student, scholarships and funding are provided for up to four terms based on the timing of when participants begin the program.
*Recipients MUST meet eligibility requirements to continue in the program
Program Eligibility Requirements
Application Process and Timeline
- Access UTSA’s Scholarship Hub and sign in with your myUTSA ID and Passphrase
- Complete the General Scholarship application and the "First-Gen STEM Scholars sponsored by USAA" application by Friday, July 15, 2022
- Recipients selected and notified by Friday, July 29, 2022
- First-Gen STEM Scholars sponsored by USAA onboarding begins in early August
- Programming and events begin Fall 2022
Log Into the Scholarship Hub
For more information, please email USAAScholars@utsa.edu.