Event safety and security is of the upmost importance. Your EMCS events manager will work with you to determine your event's security needs.
Visit the UTSA Police Department for their contact information.
- An EMCS events manager can coordinate security needs or assist in bringing together all event service providers for reservations made through EMCS.
- Events with complex security needs (multiple officers needed, VIP guest, etc.) require extra time to plan and coordinate. Provide your events manager with all event details as soon as possible.
- Factors that are considered in determining if officers/guards will be needed for each event:
- Expected attendance
- Guest speakers
- Who is invited/How it is advertised
- Type of event
- Location (indoors or outdoors)
- Is money being collected (if so, how much and how many locations)
- History of the event
- Is alcohol being served?