Become an SI Leader | Supplemental Instruction
Get paid to have fun, work a flexible schedule, make new friends and gain leadership experience by becoming an SI leader.
SI Leaders can gain professional leadership experience by working online with Professors, Supervisors, and other SI Leaders.
Follow the instructions on how to apply for an SI Leader position at the Supplemental Instruction.
Ultimate Leadership Experience
Get paid to have fun, work a flexible schedule, make new friends and gain leadership experience by becoming an SI leader. SI leaders work 10 hours per week during the Fall & Spring semesters. Primary responsibilities include:
- Attend all class meetings of the selected course, take notes and read assigned materials.
- Actively recruit SI participants by making weekly announcements about the availability of SI sessions to students and by posting session information every class meeting.
- Conduct three 50-minute study sessions per week throughout the term.
- Ascertain course requirements, plan effective learning activities and provide handouts for use during SI sessions.
- Maintain contact throughout the term with the course professor.
- Meet with other campus SI leaders and supervisory staff at weekly meetings.
- Maintain office hour each week in the SI office.
- Attend the mandatory SI Leader training prior to the start of every Fall and Spring semester.
The application process has three steps:
- Step 1: Download the recommendation form below
- Step 2: Apply with the Handshake link below.
- Step 3: If you qualify, you receive a call to interview via Microsoft TEAMS or Zoom
- Step 4: Conduct an interview with SI staff
- Step 5: Hiring decisions are finalized in the hiring committee after interviews have been completed - usually meeting bi-weekly. You will be informed about the decision of the hiring committee.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Successful completion of assigned course with an A or B grade
- Successful completion of 24 undergraduate credit hours
- One successful semester at UTSA
- Two letters of reference, one of which from a UTSA faculty member
Applications and LinksHandshake (link)
RECOMMENDATION FORM (pdf)
Qualified applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be contacted by phone to schedule a formal interview with the SI Program. Hiring decisions are finalized in the hiring committee.