Using the Writing Center Appointment System
Watch this video for a walkthrough of registering with our system and making an appointment.
Or read the step-by-step guide below.
Registering with the System:
- Navigate to utsa.mywconline.com.
- Click the link to 'Register for an account'.
- Fill in the required information designated by the * and click 'save'.
- You are now registered for the appointment system.
- Login with the information you provided in step #3 above.
Making a Reservation:
- Sign in to utsa.mywconline.com.
- Select the appropriate calendar from the dropdown box at the top-center area of the calendar.
*If you're trying to make an appointment at the downtown location, make sure you're on the "Downtown" calendar.*
- Find the date (listed on the left in blue) and the time (listed across the top) that best fits your needs.
- White blocks indicate availability, red indicates someone else's appointment, and dark blue indicates no availability.
- Find a tutor with an available slot at your preferred time and date.
- Make an appointment by:
- Click on an empty white square.
- Verify your name and email address is showing at the top of the window.
- Adjust duration of appointment if necessary and applicable (30 minute slots can be expanded to 1 hour if available).
- Fill out the required fields designated by the *.
- Save your reservation by clicking the button at the bottom.
- Your appointment will now appear as an orange box on the calendar.
*Tutors will only be able to assist with one writing assignment per appointment. Assignments longer than 10 pages may require multiple sessions to complete.*
Joining an Online Appointment
- Ten minutes before your appointment, log into the WCOnline appointment system.
- Navigate to the calendar your appointment is on. (See step 2. under 'Making a Reservation'.)
- Find and click on your appointment (the orange box). This will reopen the box where you input information about your appointment.
- Click on the words 'START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION' in the light grey box halfway down the apponitment window.
- This will open the appointment window where you will be meeting with your tutor.
- Read the instructions present in the main window to learn what all you will be able to do during your online consultation.
- To upload your essay:
- Click on the 'Import/Export' button in the top right corner of the page.
- From the dropdown box, click on the 'Browse' button and navigate to the file location of your essay on your computer.
- Click 'Open' on the file browser window.
- Click on the 'IMPORT NOW' button.
- Your essay will now appear in the main window.
*You will be able to chat with your tutor in the text box on the right-hand side of the window.*
Adding your name to the Waiting List:
If the time you want to see a tutor is already taken, you can place your name on our waiting list to be notified of a cancelation.
- Navigate to the date you would like to be added to our Waiting List.
- Click on the 'Waiting List' link in the bottom right-hand corner of the day you would like to be added.
- Add your name in the 'Client' field.
- If you are only available during a certain time period, adjust the time limit fields to the propper times.
- Click the button.
*If a reservation is canceled during your designated time range, you will recieve an email notification from our system. In the event that there are multiple people waiting for the same time slot, it will be first-come, first-served.*
Canceling a Reservation:
- Select your appointment on the calendar (inidciated by the orange box).
- Scroll to the bottom of your appointment window.
- Click the button and verify your appointment has disappeared off of the schedule.
*3 missed appointments will lock you out of the system and will require an administrative override. To prevent being locked out, please cancel any appointment you are unable to attend.*