Social Media Student Street Team
Social Media has come a long way since the early days of MySpace. Since the introduction of smartphones, nearly everyone has access to social media at all times, making it a valuable asset for universities, businesses and employers to connect with potential students, clients and employees.
Join Our Team!
If you’re interested in learning about the ever-evolving market of social media and you’re a current student at UTSA, we’d love to have you join our UTSA Social Media Student Street Team. Learn how to promote a brand, engage with a variety of audiences, cover various events and programs, and build your resume for the growing social media industry.
What you would do…
On our Student Street Team, you would:
- Help cover various events on campus, such as Fiesta UTSA, Best Fest, Homecoming and Rowdy Gras on Twitter and Instagram
- Cover sporting events such as baseball games, volleyball games, basketball games, etc. on Twitter Insta-Stories
- Send in regular content of daily student life (i.e. sitting by the Sombrilla, hanging out around campus, at student organizations) for posting on Twitter and Instagram
As well as:
- Learn about metrics tracking and engagement rates
- Learn how to read an audience and tailor your content while maintaining a specific voice
If you’re an aspiring Social Media Manager, email Haylee Young at email@example.com with your name, year, major and three samples of your social media presence on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.