Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

We are excited about your interest in The University of Texas at San Antonio. If you have questions about the university and/or the process for applying, feel free to contact the admission counselor for your area.

Using the Online "ApplyTexas Application" System

UTSA uses the State of Texas ApplyTexas Application as its sole undergraduate application for admission for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

Once the application is submitted via the ApplyTexas website, a thank you email will be sent from the ApplyTexas web site, not from UTSA. It can take up to two business days for the application to be received by UTSA once it is submitted. Once the application is received, time needs to be allowed for loading the application into UTSA's Student Record System.

Once the application is successfully loaded into UTSA's Student Record System and a student record is created at UTSA, an e-mail will be sent from UTSA verifying the receipt of the application and providing the myUTSA ID. The myUTSA ID consists of 3 letters and 3 numbers (example: ABC123). The myUTSA ID and passphrase provide access to the Automated Student Access Program (ASAP). The myUTSA ID must be activated and passphrase created by the applicant before they will be able to access ASAP. For more information on myUTSA ID and passphrase process, visit the myUTSA ID website.

The Automated Student Access Program serves as the gateway to vital information regarding student life at UTSA. It is through this portal that one's admission status can be monitored, personal information updated, and financial aid information viewed. ASAP also serves as the portal for class registration, fiscal information (billing), viewing of grades, and ordering of UTSA transcripts. If access to ASAP becomes blocked, or non-accessible, contact the One Stop Enrollment Center at 1-210-458-8000 or 800-669-0919.

Application Processing Fee

  • Check or Money Order
    You may pay your fee either by check or money order made out to The University of Texas at San Antonio and mailed to The Undergraduate Admission Office, UTSA, One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, Texas 78249. Be sure to include identifying information, such as full name of applicant and DOB, if possible, so the payment matches the correct application.

  • Credit Card
    You may pay via credit card on-line through ASAP using your myUTSA Account ID and Passphrase. VISA is not accepted on campus as a method of payment for the application processing fee.

  • Fee Waiver
    UTSA accepts fee waivers for first-time Freshmen only. A student applying as a first-time freshman must use the Fee Waivers provided by either the ACT or SAT; or the UTSA fee waiver form with supporting documents. All documents should be completed in their entirety.

Important Notes

As you begin the admissions process, it is important to realize the following:

  • Each applicant for admission is responsible for ensuring that all required documentation are on file in the Office of Admissions by the application deadline (not postmarked).
  • An Admission decision is not rendered until the applicant's file is complete.
  • All documents in support of an application become the property of UTSA and cannot be returned.
  • Offers of admission are valid only for the semester indicated in the acceptance letter.

General FAQ

How do I know which application to submit?

The Freshmen Application can be used for all students who are applying to enroll at UTSA for the first time after graduating from high school. This application is appropriate for students who have earned college credit through Dual Enrollment or summer school the summer immediately before planning to enroll at UTSA. The Transfer Application can be used by any student beginning the application process while enrolled in another college after graduating from high school. The Transient Application can be used by any student applying to UTSA as a non-degree seeking student. This can include students seeking to enroll at UTSA to simply earn college credit, but pursue a degree, students seeking a degree at another institution and planning to return to that institution, and/or students seeking to earn credit for qualifications for graduate or professional school.

For additional questions, please refer to Ask Rowdy.