The Department of Chemistry offers both M.S. and Ph.D. degrees which are designed to prepare students for careers in chemical research, as well as development and applications in industry and government laboratories.
- Bachelor's degree with 18 credit hours in field of study or in another appropriate field of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all undergraduate chemistry courses
- Completed application form
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- CV or Resumé recommended
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE score
- TOEFL score (international applicants)
- IELTS Score (international applicants)
All applications are processed by the Graduate School; however, the Chemistry Department is happy to provide advice to assist you in the preparation of your application. Please contact the Graduate Advisor of Record if you have any questions. Exceptional applicants may also qualify for a waiver of the application fee.
Graduate Advisor of Record: Dr. Ghezai Musie
Click here for an overview of research conducted in the Department.
Click here for Graduate School information about the M.S. degree.
Click here for Graduate School information about the Ph.D. degree.
Click here to apply online.